Year Inducted: 1985
Nominated By: Joe Montez
Sports Competed In: Youth Basketball
Athlete, Coach or Contributor: Contributor
● Pueblo City & County Youth Basketball Director (1978).
● Pueblo City & County Youth Softball Director (1980).
● Pueblo County Director of 12 Youth Centers (1981-82): Included the following: Basketball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Arts and Crafts, Ceramics, Softball, and Bantam Football.
● Timer for Pueblo County High school games.
● Elected to the District 70 Board of Education - 6 year term (Started in May, 1983).
● Present Member of the Pueblo Area Council of Governments (PACOG).
● Chairman of the Avondale-Boone Health Center for the three years.
● Chairman of the Avondale Water Board (1968-76).
● Member of the Colorado Migrant Council (1972-76).
● Member of the Pueblo Regional Planning Commission (1979-83).
"In may opinion there are very few people, if any, that can match Mr. Tafoya's record of the last 28 years in providing recreation for kids of all ages in Pueblo County."
-- Anonymous Quote from Tafoya's GPSA application
Worked for 37 years at the Pueblo Army Depot.
Lived in Pueblo with his wife, Ferna (Montoya)...Passed away on August 15, 2003 at age 72.